A Sundered World is a fantastic, kind of gonzo campaign setting for Dungeon World. It takes place in the shattered remnants of the worlds, which were ravaged during a cosmic war between the gods and primordials (which also wiped them all out in the process). It includes:
- Ten races, each with their own race moves, to better allow you to determine how much your race affects you (and serve as a foundation in case you want to flesh out an entire racial class). There’s also guidelines and suggestions for using them in “default” Dungeon World games.
- Six new classes.
- New weapons, armor, dungeon gear (including poisons), services, transport options, hireling skills, buildings, and magic items.
- Materials to further customize your weapons and armor: bind a wind spirit to your spear so that it flies further, shape a shield out of black ice, or don sturdy-yet-weightless armor shaped from raw astral essence.
- Ships, both magical and mundane, to help you get around the Remnants, Maelstrom, and the darker regions beyond. There’s ship-specific moves, plenty of example ships to choose from, and a section to help you build an entirely custom ship of your own design.
- World moves for drifting through the astral, willing objects into existence using astral essence, lingering on as a ghost when you die, and more.
- Eleven new monster settings, detailing glorious-yet-terrifying angels, sinister devils, cold, emotionless machines from the pre-Sundering era, spirits that managed to survive the Sundering, and strange beasts that were changed during the Sundering, or managed to adapt.
- Six varied example campaign and adventure fronts to get you started.
There is both a color and black and white PDF, in case you prefer one over the other.
The setting has undergone extensive playtesting: you can read up on session reports and related content here.
There are no reviews yet.